* DRAWING WORKSHOP, Experimental Figure Drawing, Trish Harding instructor
One 5.5 hr session, Monday 3/18, 10am-3:30pm $100
Put more excitement, interest & abstract elements in your figure drawings!
- We will discuss the markers and cues for building the structure and proportions of the human FIGURE starting with the gesture, then on to structure, shapes and values.
- Using a variety of materials and a model we will discover a new drawing language that will not only add interest but will reignite the artist’s excitement in the process of drawing the figure.
- We will also learn to design a picture plane, our first shape.
- Better understand our drawing as a living organism.
- We will break for 1 hr at noon, bring a lunch or snack.
- Minimum $3 tip is encouraged for the model.
- This is a precursor to April’s Drawing Workshop, Abstraction in drawing that will follow on Monday April 15th.
Bring: Large vine charcoal (Big Bobs which I have for sale $3 at the Studio), small soft vine charcoal, one soft compressed charcoal, one soft white conte crayon, Newsprint pad 24x 18inches, I full sheet of white drawing paper, a drawing board to fit 24x 18inch paper, kneaded eraser. Drawing horses are available. Easels are limited- first come- first serve so you may want to bring yours. Door will open at 9:45am. “BE KIND AND BE ON TIME”